1. Practice what you preach.
- If you use kind words like please and thank you at the table and in small social settings, you can be sure your children will too.
- Say please and thank you when giving or receiving something.
- Keep your elbows off the table.
- Help your children use dinnerware correctly (show them how to cut with a knife if you need to).
- Don't chew with your mouth open, don't talk with your mouth full, and be sure to take small bites.
- Absolutely no devices at the table! Instead, talk about work, school, events and games.
- Be present when teaching manners, especially to little ones. Always make eye contact and explain to your child that undivided attention is key in conversations."
- For the full article: Click here